Tuesday 15 December 2009

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


I think that an appropriate publisher for my magazine would be "Development Hell Ltd."(http://www.developmenthell.co.uk/) This is because they publish the "mixmag" magazine. Mixmag, being a successful dance magazine, is similar to my magazine audience, so having a publisher who understands that audience would benefit my magazine.

Comparing a product like mixmag with mine shows how I would expect Development Hell to publish a similar product with a similar audience.



In the world where the internet is so widely accepted as the norm for information today, I would have to think of a way for my magazine to sell despite the fall in popularity with magazines.
Subscription via post is a theme that is available with many magazines, so I would imagine offering a service like this.

I had consider the price of my magazine, and if the magazine was on the market i would have to find a price so it could cover paying for production, manufacturing, employee payment and also profit, but then I wouldn't want to put the price too high, or the consumer would be detracted from purchasing the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment