Friday 11 December 2009

Final draft of Madhouse front cover


This is the final draft of my magazine front cover. I spent alot of time working on my front cover with the image of trancette on the front. However after looking at the mixmag front cover with Calvin Harris i decided i wanted a different image. When i took the photo i wanted a high contrast image of "Ink Creed" to give the magazine cover more impact. I have maintained the text colour scheme as the last draft because I thought that it was suitable for the image and also worked well with the style of the magazine.

I also changed the design of the magazine title. After looking at a variety of magazines, I decided that I preferred the name to be in the corner rather than covering the width of the magazine. It was more through preference rather than consistency with other magazines. I think the most important thing about the change is that now it looks cleaner and more professional, and when I asked peers about the change they agreed it looked better.

I also removed alot of the other items from the front page. I wanted to make it a cleaner aesthetic which I think make it look more professional and less cluttered. The puffs uses do not interfere with the image but still inform the reader of the contents of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment