Tuesday 15 December 2009

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?



In my coursework I have developed skills concerning photography, photoshop and online blogs.

Prior to my coursework I had experience in photoshop and photography, however I developed these skills by honing them into a project, rather than abstract work. I developed my skills in portrait photography, refining my understanding of photos used on magazines. After researching particular photographers such as Rankin, I learned to appreciate the use of lighting and contrast a great deal.

Here is the first draft of my music magazine, in comparison to the final product:




I think that the two different versions show real progression with my skills and how they have developed during the course of my main task.
My photoshop skills have been developed when concerning graphic design with a music magazine. After researching the industry and other publications I was able to consider my own style and portray it using photoshop. Initially I thought complexity would make the work look more professional, but I found that the simpler things are, the better they look. the clean, professional look is a lot more appealing than a busy, cluttered look. Again, I think the two images above show real progression from a cluttered look to a cleaner look.

I had no real experience of using online blogs before, but now that I have used it as the primary output for my coursework to be displayed, I have found it very effective and a lot better than writing an essay. My ability to include images with ease allowed me to show my progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment