Tuesday 15 December 2009

Looking back on your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?


Looking at my preliminary task, I feel that I have learnt a considerable amount of new skills since then in photography and graphic design. In my preliminary task, my objective was to create a clean, professional looking magazine, and I feel that I did this. I know that when I was making it I was using simple skills to create a simple effect for what it is representing and also the consumer. The photograph used didn't have any fancy effects added, it was a clean image which presented the school in a positive way (something I intended and I feel I succeeded in).

However I knew that when I got to my music magazine I wouldn't be able to use the same skills that I had used to make my preliminary task. My ability to take interesting photographs with more aggressive lighting developed during the making of my music magazine and i took advantage of it. From researching the other magazines in the market I also developed my graphic design skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment