Friday 11 December 2009

Final draft of Madhouse double page spread


This is the final draft of my madhouse magazine double page spread. I have designed it in my own way but with inspirations from the Mojo magazine. I thought that an interview would be the most appropriate form of media for the artist and would be able to give the reader the most pertinent form of information about the artist. I used a masthead to inform the reader that it is an article about Trancette.

I used a comfortable, but formal style of conversation so that the reader wouldn't feel intimidated by the text. I wrote the text in a style that would make it seem fairly unedited and this would make the reader believe that it is an authentic piece of text. I have asked questions related to music and also about the artist herself, something a genuine magazine would do. However, I haven't deviated so much that it would seem inappropriate for the magazine to talk about.

The images used in the article are reflective of the style of magazine. I found that it is a lot easier to use an image to show what type of instruments the artist uses rather than having to explain it in a paragraph. The representation of using these images shows the artist as a multi-talented artist, rather than the stereotyped knob-twiddling technician. Having the white box captions informs the reader more of the context of the images being there. Using the album image on the double page spread is a form of advertising, which enables the reader to know what the album looks like and when they see it on the shelves in the shops they will want to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment